CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 14, 2008

My talk

I was asked to give my talk on a topic from the strength of youth pamphlet. The topic that stuck out to me was Physical health. The lord has commanded us to take good care of our bodies. To do this you should eat healthy food, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. In doctrine and covenants 89 verses 18 through 20 it says “All saints who remember to keep and do these sayings shall receive health in the marrow to their bones and shall find wisdoms and great treasures of knowledge, even hidden treasures and shall run and not be weary and shall walk and not faint,” what this scripture tells us is that if we keep our bodies clean we will be rewarded. We should never use tobacco products like chewing tobacco, cigarettes, or pipe tobacco. They will damage your body and even shorten your life. We should also not drink coffee or tea because these are harmful and addictive. Any form of alcohol is harmful to your body or spirit. It could lead you to break the law of chastity or other commandments. Drinking can lead to alcoholism, which destroys individuals and families. We should never let Satan or anyone else lead us to think that breaking the word of wisdom will make us happier. I would like to bear my testimony that I know that this church is true and that Joseph smith translated the book of Mormon and that president Hinckley is the true prophet of the church and I know that if we obey the commandments then we can keep our bodies healthy I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

This is my conference talk. I was really nervous i thought i was going to mess up or something but it all ended up find.

1 comments:

http://canyonsports.com/ said...

Great talk Chase! You didn't look nervous. It gets easier each time you give a talk.